- Examination and treatment of general diseases
- Pregnancy examinations and assistance with difficult calving, including caesarians
- Fertility testing and sheath scrapings on bulls
- Artificial insemination in conjunction with reproduction specialists
- Supply of vaccines and Act 36 stock remedies, deworming and dips
- Fecal Egg Counts in consultation with specialists
Dr Fida talks about the in and outs of cold branding
Herd management is one of the keys to farming livestock. There are a few key element that if you get them right will make farming very enjoyable. Farmer Brown always said ‘They taste so good because they eat so good.’ He summed nutrition up so well. Ruminates have 5 key nutrient requirements, crude protein, energy (in the form of fiber), fat and water-soluble vitamins and minerals. A balanced diet with the correct amount of roughage and concentrates will help product healthy animals.
Controlling external and internal parasites….The best way to control internal parasites is to know what, if any, worms your animal have. This can be done by a simple facial floatation. This will help to identify what worms your animal has and then can be treated and targeted specifically.
The third thing is the correct vaccination. We have a vaccination program that we can help you put in place to ensure your animals are up-to-date.