WARNING: THIS PAGE CONTAINS CONTENT THAT IS NOT SUITED FOR SENSITIVE VIEWERS.
Soft tissue surgery
What is soft tissue surgery?
The bulk of surgical procedures that do not fall under orthopedics will fall under soft tissue. These can include:
- Skin = reconstructive surgery, dog bites, secondary infection from snake bites and skin grafts,
- Abdomen = Hernia, digestive system including oral cavities, salivary glands, stomach blockages, oesophagus, small intestine obstruction
- Respiratory system = nasal planium and the palate
- Cardiovascular = vascular surgery
- Urogenital = ovaries and the uterus, vagina, testicals, bladder and urethra
- Ear = othaematoma
- Eyes = eye lifts, entropion and cornea ulcers.