Cats and dogs can undergo significant metabolic changes when recovering from surgery, illness or injury. While under these stressful conditions, your pet is challenged to maintain their strong natural defenses which makes it even more important to feed the right food to help your pet bounce back from these tough situations.
Hill’s nutritionists and veterinarians developed Prescription Diet a/d, clinically tested nutrition specially formulated for dogs and cats recovering from surgery, illness or injury so you can feel confident you are giving your pet your best.
How it helps:
- High levels of high quality and easily digestible protein and fat to meet increased energy needs
- High levels of clinically proven antioxidants to support immune system and offset oxidative stress
- Increased levels of B vitamins, potassium and added zinc to support recovery
How it works:
- Exceptional taste to encourage appetite in sick inappetent pets and promote early feeding
- Smooth, soft, moist and thixotropic consistency (stirring makes it more liquid) for maximum flexibility in feeding – by hand, bowl, spoon, and suitable for syringe or tube feeding
Hill’s Prescription Diet a/d is intended for intermittent or supplemental feeding only. Not recommended for long-term feeding (more than 6 months). Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet foods can help your pet to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.